Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
Fort Wayne, Indiana
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Be a graduate from a state-accredited school of professional nursing
- Possess a valid license to practice as a Licensed Professional/Practical Nurse (LPN) or a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Indiana
- Have mid-level to advanced computer/software experience
- CPR certification
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Candidates should/must demonstrate the following:
- Promote the facility in a positive manner.
- Be able to communicate effectively with residents, physicians, families, and co-workers both verbally and in writing.
- Coordinate care and activities with Certified Nursing Assistants to provide comprehensive, effective, and efficient resident care.
- Ability to take direction from and work closely with the Charge Nurse.
- Provide personal care for the residents.
- Be responsible for the legal record and related documentation.
- Give and receive shift report per facility policy.
- Communicate with the transportation department information needed to arrange appointments outside the facility for residents.
- Along with other staff, participate in sharing information at meetings to provide an appropriate level of care for each resident.
- Attend in-service education offerings and staff meetings.
- Participate in monitoring the unit for safety concerns.
- Hold in confidence all information concerning residents/staff as a result of position.
- Exemplify patience and the awareness that there is a zero tolerance for any type of abuse, illegal, or unethical behavior.
- Other nursing duties including medication administration.